Step 1: Cleaning and preparing the shoes. (Ensure you have a well-ventilated area and paper or similar down to catch any drips.)
- Check your leather cleaner is appropriate for the leather your shoes are made out of. We recommend doing a patch test on a discreet part of the shoes to ensure that it won't damage your shoes.
- Following the instructions on the leather cleaner, clean the pair of shoes using a clean white cloth. Then apply the leather preparer (if your refinishing spray says you need one) as per the instructions and let them dry.
Step 2: Applying the refinishing spray
- Once they are completely dry, masking tape the shoes except for the areas that are scuffed.
- Using a refinishing spray that matches the colour of your shoes, carry out another small patch test on a discrete part of the shoes.
- Evenly spray the area with the refinishing spray. You may need more than one layer, in which case let the first layer dry, then apply the next.
- Once you've finished and the refinishing spray is completely dry, remove the masking tape from the shoes and polish the shoes.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you need any more tips for taking care of your one-of-a-kind shoes!