Glitter and sequins are gorgeous, but they can sometimes flake off over time.
- Before you wear your shoes, spray them with a strong hold hairspray! Once the spray has thoroughly dried, add another layer or two. Take care not to douse any leather or other materials with the hairspray, as it may leave a residue. In a similar way to other shoe protectors, this helps create a protective layer and reduces the flaking of the glitter pieces.
- For glitter shoes, storage is key! The glitter does tend to cling to different materials, so make sure to keep them in their box, out of harms way.
- Gently wipe over the shoes with a dry cloth to dislodge any dry dirt.
- Dab over any marks with a damp cloth, taking care not to move the glitter pieces.
- Allow the shoes to dry, and add a layer of the all-important hairspray!